Friday, March 17, 2006

perhaps i'm behind on the christian music scene so forgive my delayed excitement...i heard this song today on my way to work and felt the need to share...this is awesome...if you figured out it was awesome weeks ago, good for you...if you don't think it's awesome...i don't understand...

Which Jesus do you follow?Which Jesus do you serve?If Ephesians says to imitate ChristThen why do you look so much like the world?
Cause my Jesus bled and diedHe spent His time with thieves and liarsHe loved the poor and accosted the arrogantSo which one do you want to be?Blessed are the poor in spiritOr do we pray to be blessed with the wealth of this land Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness Or do we ache for another taste of this world of shifting sand
Cause my Jesus bled and died for my sinsHe spent His time with thieves and sluts and liarsHe loved the poor and accosted the richSo which one do you want to be?
Who is this that you followThis picture of the American dreamIf Jesus was here would you walk right by on the other side or fall down and worship at His holy feetPretty blue eyes and curly brown hair and a clear complexionIs how you see Him as He dies for Your sinsBut the Word says He was battered and scarredOr did you miss that partSometimes I doubt we'd recognize Him
Cause my Jesus bled and diedHe spent His time with thieves and the least of theseHe loved the poor and accosted the comfortableSo which one do you want to be?
Cause my Jesus would never be accepted in my churchThe blood and dirt on His feet would stain the carpetBut He reaches for the hurting and despised the proudI think He'd prefer Beale St. to the stained glass crowdAnd I know that He can hear me if I cry out loud
I want to be like my Jesus!I want to be like my Jesus!Not a posterchild for American prosperity, but like my JesusYou see I'm tired of living for success and popularityI want to be like my Jesus but I'm not sure what that means to be like You JesusCause You said to live like You, love like You but then You died for meCan I be like You Jesus?I want to be like my Jesus

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?