Friday, June 16, 2006

back again. and i think i'll use bullet points again.
because i love them, that's why.
- this week i've seen what i guesstimate to be 2/3 of the most recent Bridget Jones' Diary movie. i'd read that renee zellweger had gotten tired of people asking her about what it was like to gain weight for the film. now i understand the curiosity. i would guess she weighed 10-20 more pounds for this one than the first. it was odd to see that usually-tiny woman that size. and to know it was really her. as i watched the movie, i found myself cringing - often. it seemed as if every ten minutes, she was getting upset at mr. darcy for one thing or another. she had a way of making the best situations incredibly awkward. and it seemed all of this stemmed from her insecurity. i saw myself in her entirely too often (hence the cringing). and it occurred to me that most movies contain characters that most of us wish we were like. these characters aren't perfect, they're always flawed in some way; but yet still manage to be admirable. and we love that. we want to think we can be flawed yet admirable too. and bridget jones rubs me the wrong way mainly because i haven't gotten to the part of the movie where i can admire her. all i see are her insecurities and all i hear are the idiotic things that come out of her mouth. maybe the movie ends with her doing something admirable or at least learning to shut her mouth on occasion. i hope so. either way, i'll try not to see Bridget Jones or her movies as a metaphor for me and my life. cause that's just pathetic.
- the chocolate milk that i spoke of in my last blog may not be the fabulous completion of my liquid diet triforce afterall. it seems to have an unpleasant effect on my person which saddens me greatly. my love for it will never die.
- the last line of the above paragraph should serve as proof that the boring nature of this job is affecting my brain.
- last night at the store i was thrilled to find that my favorite cookies were on sale. further proof that God loves me and wants me to be happy.
- today is linda's last day at work. that means as of monday i will be this clinic's longest current office worker. this is odd because i've only been here 6 months. me and my remaining fellow office worker decided to send linda out in style by pulling pranks on her on her last day. we screwed with her desktop icons, made her taskbar disappear, adjusted the height of her desk chair, and (here's the kicker) we took today's charts and rearranged them so that they were out of order. she hates that. she was the closest to mad as i've ever seen her. she thought she was losing her mind. then she blamed the cleaning staff. we eventually came clean. it was the most excitement this office has seen since...well since i've worked here and maybe even before that.
- it's friday

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?