Tuesday, June 27, 2006

i've decided that i have to post at least once a week. if i don't...fewer people will read this than already do and that's just pathetic. this is why i post random nonsense. so that people will occasionally return to my blog knowing that i have not abandoned it. and who knows, maybe one day you'll get something worthwhile (but not today).

blogs during the summertime are like emails over the weekend - nonexistent. everyone is off doing more fun & exciting things. i am too whenever i leave the confines of this office. but while i'm here, blogs are my entertainment. and my entertainment is scarce these days. i would give my right arm (ok maybe not) to be able to read a book during my downtime. i've broken my cardinal rule of not starting one book until i've finished another one. perhaps 'broken' isn't the right word - 'shattered' might be more appropriate. i'm part-way through each of the following:
- House Calls & Hitching Posts (about a doctor who practices among the amish)
- Speaking My Mind by Tony Campolo
- Real Sex by Lauren Winner
- Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
- In the Shadow of the Almighty by Elisabeth Elliot
- God of All Comfort
- The Beloved Disciple by Beth Moore (i only made it to the 2nd or 3rd chapter of this one)
- Cold Sassy Tree

good grief that's worse than i thought. see, if i could read at work this would not be the case. and if i would turn off the blasted tv at night that might help too.

i am taking a break from the job search. it exhausts me. and, in the ultimate of all ironies, i have decided that maybe i do, in fact, want to teach. and i've come to this realization a bit too late considering that the deadline has passed for getting my non-traditional teaching license. all that being said, i've decided to have a go at being content where i am. i've actually enjoyed my job & my coworkers a lot more in the last few weeks. i am embracing my inner-receptionist. i am assuming that since God has not provided an escape from this job, He must want me here so i'm determined to make the best of it.

blogs and random gifts of money always appreciated. :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?