Monday, July 17, 2006

another week has begun. i smell like gasoline because when i went to get gas on my lunch break, the pump started pumping before i told it to. i'll let you in on a little tip: gasoline is slippery when it's on concrete - especially when you're wearing slick-bottomed walmart shoes.

so mike huckabee's running for president huh? i'm still not real sure of what i think about that but i do like that he said this -- “I earn the right to push for a strong pro-life agenda only by making sure I’m concerned about poverty, hunger and homelessness. If I don’t care about those issues, then my faith is incomplete.”
and this -- “Do you care about a kid who is hungry? Do you care about a family that lives in a shack without running water and a sewer that runs out the back of their house? If I don’t care about that, I don’t have the right to care about abortion. I’ve not earned the right to talk about the structure of the family.”

the following was inspired by a comment by my roommate this weekend...

How People Know I Was Raised by Senior Citizens

1. I'm cheap.
2. I like spice cake.
3. When I was in 4th grade, I could frequently be seen wearing teal pants with a matching collared shirt with generic keds.
4. Although I lack some of my mother's conviction, i do believe certain things go together and certain things do not. e.g. milk is the only beverage that 'goes' with peanut butter & jelly sandwiches while a soda may be drank with any type of lunch meat sandwich. This differs from my mother's philosophy in that i do not consider it a sin to eat potato chips with a pb & j.
that's all i can think of at the moment. i'd be happy for your additions to the list...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?