Friday, July 07, 2006

good grief i wish i had something to post about.
i've been house sitting this week which has been fabulous. i've spent almost every day in the backyard in or beside the pool. so i know that you're thinking that i must have an awesome tan by now. you would be so wrong. my body has ceased to tan. my skin is on strike. it doesn't burn. it doesn't tan. it does nothing.
you know how i always write about random nothingness and always save the real stuff for a later date (which never comes around)? today is the day...fasten your seatbelts...
my job search has ended. not that i've gotten a job because i haven't. i've just quit looking. i've pretty much decided that i want to find a teaching job but the deadline has passed for me to get my certification so i feel like it's time for me to just sit tight and be content where i am. and i am content where i am. i like my job. i like my coworkers. what i don't like is the money i make (or the lack thereof). this sounds so superficial. i hate that i feel this way. i hate that my current desire is to make more money. but it is.
now that my main job search is over, i've considered getting a part time job. in the fall, a part-time job will be a necessity, but i've considered getting one now. don't get me wrong. i don't want to go buy a lot of stuff (although i have a weakness for the clearance rack at any given clothing store and amazon.com). i just don't want to stress out about whether or not i can afford to go do things with my friends when they want to go. i want to be able to give more freely to causes i believe in. these things make me feel justified in wanting a second job. yet other times i feel that i'm being shallow and that i should just try to live more simply. i feel like i'm on a seesaw. more than anything i want to be rid of all the hassle that comes with money (and the lack thereof).
anyway. that rant is over. other than the ping pong match going on in my head, my life is great. had fun times with friends this week. had some great sleep in an awesome bed. drank a lot of coke (and sadly it shows). my sort-of-vacation will end tomorrow. while it has been fun, it will be nice to not go to work looking like i dressed myself in the dark (i never could seem to get the things i needed from my apartment when i went there) and to exercise away the weight i've gained this week.
guess i had something to post about after all.

love

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?