Tuesday, August 29, 2006

my move is complete. well almost. all of my things are now contained in my new house as opposed to my old apartment but they haven't exactly found their place yet. i keep thinking that they will find their places on their own while i'm at work but so far they have not seen fit to help me out in that manner.

elvis enjoys his new yard as well as his new playmates. madea has been a different story. when i first brought her to the new house, i put her cage outside on the porch because i thought she would be more amused out there and that her squawking would be less of a nussaince. it turns out that i was right. she did seem to like being outside and she didn't squawk as often. she loved the outdoors so much that she decided to exit the cage completely - utilizing the holes where her food & water bowls used to be (oops). now, call me a bad pet owner, but i wasn't too upset at the loss of my bird. she was pretty & could say 'hello' like a champ, but i just really wasn't that attached to her. i left madea's cage door open in case she should decide to return, but figured that she probably would not. the next morning, as i was brushing my teeth, i heard her squawk, but assumed she was up in one of the trees and thought nothing of it. then the squawk changed. i looked out the window and saw madea in eleanor's (one of the dogs) mouth. i immediately ran out of the house, toothbrush in hand, and rescued my bird - all the while feeling horrible that i had not cared when she escaped. to make a long story a little less long - madea is fine. she was a bit shaken up (no pun intended) but she is fine. and for even further proof tha God loves me and my pets, a friend from church has found my dear madea a new home. as of today she will belong to a retired couple who i'm sure will be much better parrot-owners than i.

in other moving news, my new rommate has been quite helpful in helping me decorate my new room. i came home one night to find a ginormous (pronounced ji-nor-mus) toboggan-clad gorilla under the covers of my bed. i have also found random pictures of friends, wolves, and ex-boyfriends on display. last night as i prepared to go to bed, i found that she had blown up a certain old picture (to poster size) and plastered it to the ceiling above my bed. i crawled into bed, too tired to remove the new ceiling decoration, only to find that she had plastered a smaller copy of the same picture to the back of my bedroom door. i did the only thing i knew to do: i curled up beside the gorilla and went to sleep.

leaving for austin in a few days. words cannot express my excitement. it will be the perfect break from my 60+ hour work weeks.

Comments:
i am sorry your roommate does those things to you..how mean! {wink, wink}...so uh what pic was plastered above your bed???
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?