Wednesday, August 16, 2006

an open letter to my fellow dillards employees

Dear Co-Workers:

The last few weeks have been interesting to say the least. I feel as if I am finally getting the hang of things. However, I wanted to address a few issues that seem to need addressing.
First of all, to the employees who shall remain nameless that have been employed by dillards for what must be decades. I would like to make it known to you that I have not made it my life's goal to steal your sales. I do not have an evil plot to ensure that you do not make your sales quota this month. Please do not treat me as if I am threatening to do so. I am not trying to invade your territory. I'm just trying to make sure my bills get paid.

I would also like to point out that, if you've noticed a drop in your sales, it could be because you stalk every customer that enters your area. While many customers do like some assistance as they shop, they do not like for you to follow so closely that you bump into them when they stop to admire the polo essentials collection.

To the rest of my fellow employees, I would pose a question. First let me say that it is my understanding that I am not to compltely shut down my register until the 'all clear' announcement is made. So my question is this: why is it that when the aforementioned announcement is made, i immediately see every employee making their way out the door? Now I realize that it could have everything to do with the fact that for the past two nights I've had 3 or 4 registers to close on my own. It may also have something to do with the fact that I am fairly new at this and am unable to print & sign a slip as well as remove & replace the journal roll in 3.2 seconds. However, I have the feeling that I am just missing out on something. Please fill me in at your earliest convenience.

In closing, let me say once again that I am not your competition. I am not aiming to make salesperson of the year, month, or week for that matter. I look forward to getting to know each of you and hope that each of you can look put the competition aside and do the same.

Sincerely,

Ruth (Girls Dept)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?