Wednesday, August 23, 2006

so laura blogged on our capitol experience as well. as usual, her way with words is much better than mine so if you're bored at work as i am, feel free to check this out.

holy crap i've never done a link within a word like that. i think it might've actually worked.

yesterday our server went down at work. yet another link in a long chain of problems we've had with our system lately, but this one was tragic. it left me without internet for a half day. i didn't know what to do with myself. i played 47 games of spider solitaire. i spun around in my chair. i text messaged randomly. the afternoon plodded along. thankfully the problem has been fixed (obviously). somehow i think i would've gotten in trouble if i brought a book and started reading it to relieve the boredom. shallow entertainment like the internet & people magazine are allowed but not books - not that i know of anyway.

now that my internet has returned, my yahoo messenger music is back. i recently inherited (ok so i stole them) speakers from a fellow employee that couldn't get them to work on her computer. music makes the day go faster. hence its absence yesterday added to the longevity of the day. i have long since reached my limit of my launchcast trial and now am unable to skip the songs i don't like. this means that i am subjected to more and more artists such as cher, the carpenters, and many more people that i've never heard of in my life. however, i will not complain. any music is better than silence or the tapping of keys on a keyboard.

in other boring news from my life, i have bought elvis a new crate. this has been a much longer process than was first intended. i first decided to buy this new crate so that i would have a few more inches of space in my new room. let's just say i gave his original crate to a coworker with a rottweiler. i bought a smaller crate from walmart (because i'm cheap like that) and brought it home where it became painfully obvious to the both of us (especially elvis) that this 24" crate would not hold his long basset hound body. the failure of this crate meant that i must put aside my cheapskate ways and go to petsmart because they are the only sellers of the 30" crate. so to make a long story a little less long - 48 hours, 2 skinned knees, and 1 turned ankle later(ok so i kinda fell carrying the 30 incher to my car), elvis has a smaller crate that he actually fits in.

moving this weekend. i'd invite you to come see my new place but i won't be there much. but feel free to come see me at dillards on any given weeknight. weeknights are boring and therefore very conducive to visitors.

Comments:
hey where are you?? no messages from you lately...and it makes me sad...that story was hilarious!!! yours and laura's!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?