Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ok so it's about time i post another blog. let the randomness begin...
i love sweet tea. i'm drinking some of the leftovers from yesterday's drug rep lunch. it's real sweet tea and a very pleasant change from the typical unsweet + sweet & low combination.
have you ever just had the sudden urge to run outside & spin around in circles? or is that just me?

i'm going to south dakota this weekend and i'm pumped. i'm packing long sleeve shirts and maybe (gasp!) a jacket. i've never been to south dakota. there is a very good chance this will be the farthest north i've ever traveled. yeah i know i don't get out much.

[transition to deep thought]

i've been struggling lately with the issue of pride v. humility. we were talking about pride in my small group last week and the study we're doing really got me to thinking. there was this enormously long list of prideful characteristics, some of which were surprising to me (self-consciousness for one). one thing that became obvious to me is how prideful i am about my current job situation. as stated in the previous blog, i like my job; but i also am very self conscious about it. i'm somewhat embarrassed to tell people what i do. as much as i like my job, i look forward to the day when i can get a better one. so my issue is this - is it prideful for me to want a better job? i mean my first reaction would be 'no'. but really, by trying to find another job, am i not basically stating that this one's not good enough? as if i'm somehow 'too good' for this job?
i'm genuinely asking. i'd like some input here.

[end of deep thought]

did i mention i'm going to south dakota this weekend? i may just spin around in circles in the middle of an orchard. with my long sleeves & possibly my jacket.

Comments:
I can't believe that you have a blogspot blog. I never knew. Glad I found it, in case, myspace goes bottom side up!!
 
FYI - This blog is over two weeks old....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?