Monday, January 29, 2007

ok so it's been a while. not too much is newsworthy but i'll give you some of my famous (ok maybe not) bullet points..

- school is back in full swing. the kids have been nothing less than completely insane. i ask at least one kindergartener per day if he or she has lost her mind. two funny stories from today
(1) While writing the daily news during circle time (for explanation, ask the nearest elementary teacher), the teacher asked who had news to share. The girl chosen to share her news said, "A girl got hit by a bus. She died." the teacher chose not to write that one down.
(2) I was drilling one of my kids over her numbers today. I held up a flash card with the number 9 on it. The following dialogue followed:
Me: What number is this?
Student: P!
Me: [Student's name], this is a number. P is not a number. What number is this?
Student: Q-U-E!

- two things are hanging on the back of my bedroom door - my grad school graduation robe (i have no idea why) and my black coat. before falling asleep the other night, i realized that the combination of the two in the dark look an awful lot like the grim reaper is standing at my door.

- i went to the sister hazel concert on friday night. it was amazing as usual. it was the highlight of the month of january. if you haven't seen them in concert, you must. even if you have just a vague idea of who they are. my friend darcie went and (unless she's lying to me) thoroughly enjoyed herself.

- i'm teaching a saturday class at pulaski tech. there are 5 students in the class. while somewhat intimidating, the small number of students isn't a bad change from the 35-50 i had at asu. i should be preparing for this week's class as i type this. i'm still a procrastinator, even as the instructor.

- i need to go to bed. hang out with the grim reaper. i usually tell myself this every night about this time. it does no good.

- if you haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine, immediately drop what you're doing and go watch it.

- elvis has decided that the tire swing in our backyard is evil. he's started barking at it constantly. i should be posting a video of this on my myspace soon. seriously, i'm that ridiculous.

Comments:
Yea for teaching again! It has been so long for me I don't think I have slightest clue how to do it anymore. What is historical significance again??? LOL. Good luck!
 
Oh Ruth...never fear...you aren't the only one who has lost it. If you recall in grad school I repeatedly got out of the shower having forgotten to wash my hair (I would remember to wet it but forget to put the shampoo in it) and often got on the elevator in Wilson thinking it was broken when I had simply forgotten to push the up button. Mismatched shoes are par for the course. LOL.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?