Wednesday, April 04, 2007

i've been thinking a lot lately about how people (namely me) never seem to be content. regardless of income, people think they're broke. regardless of the number of responsibilities (or lack thereof), people think they're busy. i go on and on about how great my life would be if i had more time or a job that paid more. but odds are i will still find things to complain about.
that's where you come in.
it may be a few months late, but i'm making some resolutions. and WHEN i break them (i am a realist) i want you to remind me of them.

when i no longer work at dillards i will:

- exercise more
- read more
- watch more movies
- spend more time with friends
- not complain when i spend nights alone
- invest more time in people in general
- clean house more often
- be smart with my money (or lack thereof)
- not complain about my lack of money
- give my dog a bath
- swing on the tire swing in my backyard
- spend more time with my mom
- appreciate naps
- use my time to serve others
- make my house more home-y

if i come up with more, i'll let you know.
if you come up with some, please share them.
most of all, know that i am sorry for all of my complaining.
my life is amazing.
i am so blessed.
when i get obnoxious, please slap me.

Comments:
Ruth...never in my life would I ever think you are obnoxious. I know you love Oprah...she had a show a week or two ago about complaning. There is this group that has complaining bracelets (although any bracelet would work). If you complain you have to move the bracelet to your other arm. It is only if you articulate a complaint not just think it. I'm trying to at least slap my arm if I complain. Thought you would enjoy the idea.
 
This is great info to know.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?